Canadian Magazine Industry News
27 October 2015, TORONTO
The Dance Current, now in full colour
This new development has been made possible by the magazine’s readers, advertisers, sponsors and funders.
“It was important to me that we provide readers with a magazine that is as beautiful to hold and touch as it is interesting and informative to read,” editor Lee Slinger said. “The high quality of the content we have always provided is now clearly reflected in our final product.”
The Dance Current began in 1998 as a volunteer-run newsletter for the Toronto dance community and it is now an internationally recognized publication for dance in Canada. Over the past year the organization has also accomplished several other milestones, including:
- Moved to the cultural hub at 401 Richmond into shared space with Musicworks magazine.
- Hired a new editor, designer and assistant director, and created the position of online editor.
- Launched an app for both Android and Apple platforms.
- Partnered with the Fall for Dance North festival to produce the festival program booklet and conduct pre-show talks.
- Wrapped year 1 of the Emerging Dance Critics Programme with the National Ballet of Canada.
- Developed the Student Reporter Project with dance training institutions nation-wide.
Most Recent News Comment
Most Recent Blog Comment
|Marty Seto says:|
Most Read Stories
Upcoming Industry Events