The Atlantic Magazines Association will host the first annual Atlantic Canadian Magazines conference, called Magazines East
, beginning with welcome reception from 5-7 p.m. on March 29 (with a keynote speech from industry expert and blogger D. B. Scott), and followed by a full day of seminars on March 30.
The event will take place at the Westin Nova Scotian in Halifax (1181 Hollis Street). The fee is $75 for AMA members, $175 for non-members.
Among the speakers already scheduled:
- Martin White on More than Display Ads - How To Monetise Your Web Site
- Faith Drinnan on In-house Circulation Fulfillment
- Melanie McBride on Social Media and Your Magazine’s Website
- D. B. Scott on the Power of Print
- Kim Pittaway on Developing Online Content