Redgol awards 10 exclusive honors to Chile’s top women’s soccer players, head coach, and media members at a red carpet event following the conclusion of the 2021 Chilean women's soccer championship
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--#Media--Playmaker Capital Inc., the digital sports media company that delivers authentic content experiences through its portfolio of sports media and technology brands, announced today that Redgol, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company in Latin America, successfully launched and hosted Chile’s first-ever women’s soccer award ceremony, Premios Contragolpe 2021 (2021 Counterattack Awards), at House of Culture of Ñuñoa in Chile on December 9.
The red carpet ceremony recognizing and celebrating the top female soccer players in Chile was exclusively livestreamed via Redgol and Contragolpe. In partnership with a number of Redgol’s prime sponsors, including adidas, EstelarBet, and Budweiser, the ceremony saw 10 exclusive honors awarded to Chile’s topflight women’s soccer league players, head coach and media members following the conclusion of 2021’s Primera División de fútbol femenino de Chile (Chilean women's soccer championship).
“We are proud of the great work done by the teams at Futbol Sites Chile and Redgol,” said Federico Grinberg, CEO of Futbol Sites, a Playmaker Brand. “Our goal is to regionalize these events and provide more support to women's football throughout Latin America and in the US Hispanic market. We are proud of the fact that our properties have managed to transcend the digital world and create a real impact on local communities across these regions.”
“Premios Contragolpe 2021 exemplifies the commitment of Redgol, Futbol Sites and Playmaker to the advancement of women’s soccer in Chile and Latin America,” commented Paulina Agüero, Futbol Sites Chile Head of Sales. “To be able to host a ceremony to celebrate Chile’s top female soccer performers is a fitting tribute to the growth of the sport in our country and the potential our soccer league, players and coaches have. This is only the beginning of a prosperous relationship between Redgol and Chile’s elite women’s soccer community.”
Renowned Chilean sports journalists, Grace Lazcano and Rodrigo Herrera, hosted the awards, welcoming a plethora of Chile’s women's football championship players, journalists, club members and executives. The complete list of winners for the inaugural edition of Premios Contragolpe included:
- Best goalkeeper: Natalia Campos (Universidad de Chile)
- Best defender: Carla Guerrero (Universidad de Chile)
- Best midfielder: Yessenia López (Universidad de Chile)
- Best forward: Javiera Grez (Colo Colo)
- Best head coach: Carlos Véliz (Universidad de Chile)
- Best revelation player: Sonya Keefe (Universidad de Chile)
- Best career trajectory: Carla Guerrero (Universidad de Chile)
- Best goal: María José Urrutia (Colo Colo)
- Best women’s soccer journalist: Grace Lazcano (Históricas)
- The Best 2021: Karen Araya (Santiago Morning)
- Best XI: Natalia Campos (Universidad de Chile); Su Helen Galaz (Santiago Morning), Carla Guerrero (Universidad de Chile), Fernanda Ramírez (Universidad de Chile), Daniela Ceballos (Universidad de Concepción); Karen Araya (Santiago Morning), Nicol Sanhueza (Colo Colo), Yessenia López (Universidad de Chile); Rebeca Fernández (Universidad de Chile), María José Urrutia (Colo Colo), Javiera Grez (Colo Colo). – head coach: Carlos Véliz (Universidad de Chile).
Playmaker’s continuous efforts to elevate sports in Latin America are exemplified through Redgol’s key role with Premios Contragolpe 2021. Additionally, early in November, 2021, Playmaker announced the acquisition of leading Brazilian media company Grupo SuperPoker, as well as the acquisition of Varsky Sports and the associated partnership with renowned Argentinian sports journalist Juan Pablo Varsky.
TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE DISCLAIMER
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Playmaker (TSX-V: PMKR) is a digital sports media company that lives at the intersection of sports, betting, media and technology. Playmaker is building a collection of premier sports media brands, curated to deliver highly engaged audiences of sports fans to sports betting companies, leagues, teams and advertisers.
For more information, visit: playmaker.fans or contact Playmaker Chief Executive Officer Jordan Gnat via email firstname.lastname@example.org. To sign up for Playmaker’s Investor Alerts, visit: playmaker.fans/investors.